Food and Nutrition
Peace and Nonviolence
Trees and Forests
Ecological Literature and Criticism
- Desert Solitaire by
- The eloquent and provoking views of a man who wants us to
reconsider our relationship to the natural world.
- The Ecocriticism Reader
edited by Cheryll Glotfelty & Harold Fromm
- Essays that explore how literature reflects and influences
our interactions with the natural world.
- Ecological Literary
Criticism by Karl Kroeber
- The ecological and social ideas embodied in the work of the
English Romantic poets.
- Forests by Robert Pogue
- An exploration of the role of forests in Western thought.
- A Place in Space by
- Essays exploring the importance of place to our sense of
ourselves and the world.
- The Practice of the
Wild by Gary Snyder
- Essays on wildness with a Buddhist perspective.
- The Songlines by Bruce
- A beautiful meditation on the importance of travel to
knowledge and culture.
- Uncommon Ground: Rethinking
the Human Place in Nature edited by William Cronon
- Pushes us to a deeper understanding of the environmental
implications of our views about nature.