Food and Nutrition
Peace and Nonviolence
Trees and Forests
Books on Trees and Forests
- Changes in the Land: Indians, Colonists,
and the Ecology of New England by William Cronon
- Describes the changes in New England's plant and animal communities
that occurred with the shift from Indian to European dominance.
- The Dying of the Trees: The Pandemic
in America's Forests by Charles E. Little
- Looks at the reasons why trees are dying in American forests.
- Forest Gardening by Robert
- Describes the benefits of agroforestry and explains how to create
a forest garden.
- Forests by Robert Pogue
- An exploration of the role of forests in Western thought.
- The Future Eaters: An Ecological
History of the Australasian Lands and People by Tim Flannery
- Describes how flora and fauna of Australasia has been changed and
consumed by the Aborigine, Polynesian, and European peoples.
- Oranges by John McPhee
- All about orange trees and fruit.
- Railroads and Clearcuts
by Derrick Jensen and George Draffan with John Osborn
- Describes how large timber companies acquired large tracts of Northwest
forests through a federal land grant in 1864.