Food and Nutrition
Peace and Nonviolence
Trees and Forests
Books on Animal Rights
- Animal Liberation by
- Why animals should have rights.
- The Case for Animal
Rights by Tom Regan
- Asserts that animals have a basic moral right to be treated
with respect for their independent value.
- Environmental Justice by Peter Wenz
- Considers animal rights as one theory of enviromental
- Reinventing Biology: Respect
for Life and the Creation of Knowledge edited by Lynda
Birke and Ruth Hubbard
- Essays by historians, sociologists, biologists,
anthropologists and political activists urge a new science based
on regard for other organisms as rational and capable of
- Wild Animals and American
Environmental Ethics by Lisa Mighetto
- Places arguments regarding wildlife protection in historical
perspective and thus helps us evaluate our inherited attitudes
and assumptions about other animals.